Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The return of the Khan-Daan

Generally by Sunday evenings, I start looking at my watch realizing that it’s the day for airing of another 'Koffe with Karan' episode. I love the way the new show is panning out ,with great pair of actors and actresses  coming together ,show after show. From the Bachchan clan to Saifeena to the much awaited Shahid-Priyanka, its quite a delight to watch, especially with the usual punch of Karan Johar’s witty humour.

But one thing that kept my mind questioning continuously was when was our very own King Khan due to make an appearance, considering he has been a lucky charm & sort of a brand ambassador of the show since its inception. So, when I finally read this news on a Bollywood blog ( My Bible) that not only is Shah Rukh Khan coming on the show but has a whole episode dedicated only to him, I was overjoyed.

Now news like this may seem a bit, well ‘extra special treatment’ to some people but I shall give logical reason to explain this phenomenon.

-Shah Rukh khan was the show’s 1st guest.

-He has appeared a record of four times on the show with Kajol, Amitabh Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee, Hrithik Roshan, Gauri Khan etc.

-He is the only guest who has actually turned the tables and asked rapid fire questions to karan himself.

-He has appeared in every Karan Johar movie till date.


….and this list keeps going on. So to all the skeptics out there, he is Karan’s family after all, be it a best friend, brother or anything else, I don’t know! But one thing is for certain that I will immensely look forward to this show as Shah Rukh Khan along with any guest or alone is bound to steal the show and provide us (or rather me) an entertaining and fun ending to a much awaited weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment